Year found: 1899
Legal form: State
City: Saint Petersburg
About Peter the Great St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University
Peter the Great St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University is one of the largest technical university catering renowned scientific schools. The university is ranked 8th among the top 10 of the University Ranking by Academic Performance. Study Computer Science and IT in Russia, in one of the top university of country.
It is also ranked 3rd in the according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities-European Standard ARES. Nobel laureates P.L. Kapitsa, N.N. Semyonov, Zh.I. Alfyorov, Academicians A.F. Ioffe, I.V. Kurchatov, A.A. Radtsig, Yu. B. Khariton are associated with the university.
- Awarded as National Research University by Russian Government
- 26673 number of students are studying in the university
- Short term education and research program.
- Exchange program with partner universities.
- Opportunity of internship programs.
( It is strongly recommended to visit the Russian Embassy and Consulate in your home country, for updated requirements.)
To apply for student visa for Russia, Student should provide the following documents
- An original and signed passport with at least one blank page, valid for 16 months after the end of your stay.
- A copy of the Russian visa application form. (completed and signed)
- Two passport-size photos, signed on the back.
- A letter of invitation from Russian university, which can only be issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia (MFA).
- An original HIV Certificate showing a negative result ( It is required for stays of more than 3 months in Russia)
- A copy of educational certificates.
Note: You must begin your education at university with a Preparatory course of Russian language. After completing your Preparatory Course you can continue your study on the regular courses of university according to your chosen field.
To apply for Business Program at university, Student should provide the following documents
- Educational Documents.
- English language proficiency at B+.
- Written exam or multiple choice test in a relevant field of studies;
- Interview in English with a program coordinator (Skype option is available)
- University Application Form
The hostels are provided on the basis of first come first serve, so you must confirm the hostel availability from your RIBTTES consultant. Otherwise RIBTTES will arrange you a separate private accommodation in the city.
The cost of student hostels is around RUB 4000 to RUB 6000 per month.
Tuition fee is all Russian universities increases by 10 to 20 % every year. These prices are recent an estimate for our students of 2018- 2019. These prices will vary with the USD to Russian Rubble exchange rate.
The rate applied in below calculation is 1 USD = 56 RUB
|Level of Education||ENGLISH Medium (Tuition fee per year)||Russian Medium (Tuition fee per year)|
|Preparatory/ Foundation Course||—||$ 3050 to $ 3500|
|Bachelors Degrees||$ 3500 to $4500||$3000 to $ 4550|
|Masters / PhD Degrees||$4750 to $ 6000||$3400 to $ 4750|