Year found: 1907
Legal form: State
City: Saint Petersburg
North-Western State Medical University
North-western State Medical University, named after I.I.Mechnikov, is the merger of 2 old medical schools of Russia – Saint-Petersburg Medical Academy of Postgraduate Studies and Saint-Petersburg State Medical Academy.
North-western State Medical University works with the coordination of educational, clinical and scientific activities in the field of medicine. The completion of your degree at NWSMU opens the opportunities of employment in Russia as well as in other European nations!
North-western State Medical University mission is to provide high quality education in Russia in the field of medicine. The faculty and management at university is focusing on innovation to improve practices and education of health care.
- Diagnostic and clinical work in more than 25 specializations.
- 8-months Preparatory Programs for foreign students.
- Internships and house jobs opportunities.
- Training Programs for Post graduate students.
- World wide recognized degrees.
To apply for student visa for Russia, Student should provide the following documents
- An original and signed passport with at least one blank page, valid for 16 months after the end of your stay.
- A copy of the Russian visa application form. (completed and signed)
- Two passport-size photos, signed on the back.
- A letter of invitation from Russian university, which can only be issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia(MFA).
- An original HIV Certificate showing a negative result ( It is required for stays of more than 3 months in Russia)
- A copy of educational certificates.
Note: There will be entry test based on the subjects of Russian language, Chemistry and Biology after the preparatory course.
To apply for MBBS program at NWSMU, Student should provide the following documents
- Certified copy of Certificate of Education approved by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the applicant’s country with notary approved translation into Russian;
- Copy of all pages of National Passport with notary approved translation into Russian;
- Minimum entry requirements exist as a guide to the level of education required to study on each course.
- Upon arrival a candidate applying for University is to undergo admission tests on the following subjects: Russian, Chemistry and Biology. The tests are in the written form.
Hostels are available for all students coming from outside Russia. The price for room is around RUB 4500 per month
Note : This pictures are just to present an idea of accommodation to students. The actual provided accommodations may vary from the above shown models.
Tuition fee is all Russian universities increases by 10 to 20 % every year. These prices are recent an estimate for our students of 2018- 2019. These prices will vary with the USD to Russian Rubble exchange rate.
The rate applied in below calculation is 1 USD = 56 RUB
|Level of Education||ENGLISH Medium (Tuition fee per year)||Russian Medium (Tuition fee per year)|
|Preparatory/ Foundation Course||Not Available||$2350 to $2500|
|MBBS / Pharmacy/ Dentistry (Undergraduate/ Bachelors level )||Not Available||$3650 to $4050|
|MBBS / Pharmacy/ Dentistry (Masters/ Post Graduate level )||Not Available||$2250 to $4750|