Kazan is the Major City of Tatars in Russia
The old, cultural and historic city of Kazan has now gain the popularity as "Third Capital of Russia"! The city is having amazing charisma for cheering its people and visitors. The city is the 8th most populated city of Russia with the population of 1,143,535. It is the capital of the Tatarstan Republic of Russia. It is the home of thousands of Muslims and Christians as the largest Tatars community.
Important Facts about Kazan
- Kazan is also honored as the third capital of Russia.
- It is a famous sports center in Russia. The city hosted 2013 Universiade and many national hockey, boxing and swimming championships.
- It is also one of the hosting cities of 2018 FIFA world cup.
- The city experiences Humid Continental Climate.
- Summers have an average temperature of 20 degrees and winters have an average temperature of -10 degrees.
History of Kazan
- Muslim Volga Burglars and Tatars of Golden Horde were the founders of the city.
- It was the trade route for the Volga region.
- The icon of ‘Our Lady Kazan’ was founded in 1579 in this city.
- The city was the center for building ships for Caspian Fleet.
Geography of Kazan
- It is a European Russian city.
- The city lies at the middle of Volga and Kazanka River.
- It has a total area of 425.3 km2.
Administration of Kazan
- The city is the capital of Republic of Tatarstan.
- The city has the municipal status of Kazan Urban Okrug.
- The city is divided into seven districts.
- Kazan international airport lies 26 km from the city center.
- The city is connected to Moscow, Ulyanovsk, Yoshkar-Ola and Yekaterinburg by the railway line.
- Pneumocushion boats are used in winters for crossing the Volga River.
- The city has two main bus stations.
- The federal highway connects to Moscow and Ufa.
Economy of Kazan
- The city is one of the largest industrial and financial centers of Russia.
- The city stands on the third position for total backings in Russia.
- Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Mechanical works, Wheat and flour processing are the main industries here.
Study more details on economy of Russia here.
Tourism in Kazan
- Kazan is famous for the eye-catching sites in the city. It's the cultural center of Tatars in the world.
- Kazan Kremlin is in the list of World Heritage site of UNESCO.
- Kul Sharif Mosque, Roman Catholic Church, Temple of All religions, White Stone Catheredral of Annunciation, Baumana Fountain, and Fountain in Kremlin and Millennium Park Fountain are the top tourist attractions of the city.
Education in Kazan
This city is known for high quality education system.
- Kazan Federal University, State Medical University, State Technological University and Russian Islamic University are the top rated universities of this city.
- Tatarstan Academy of Sciences is the main scientific center of city.
Learn more details about the educational system of Russia here.
Plan an amazing vacations to the old and beautiful Kazan and other cities of Russia! We are always there to help you in your plan of investing and visiting Russia. Contact us here for any more details about Russia.